Why Train the Cardiovascular system.
- Strengthen your heart and lungs and improve cardiovascular fitness
- Reduce risk of heart disease
- Lower blood pressure
- Improve muscular endurance and ‘tone’
- Increase sporting performance
- Decrease risk of osteoporosis and increase bone mineral density
- Help manage arthritis
- Improve insulin sensitivity and decrease risk of type II diabetes
- Increase energy expenditure, metabolic rate and promote a leaner physique.
- Increase energy and mood.
Research has shown that Cardiovascular exercise is the most important form of training to reduce your blood pressure. If you have been diagnosed with hyper tension then you should not be exercising at a high intensity and would be advised to seek a medical clearance before starting any form of exercise.