Why Train the Cardiovascular system.
- Strengthen your heart and lungs and improve cardiovascular fitness
- Reduce risk of heart disease
- Lower blood pressure
- Improve muscular endurance and ‘tone’
- Increase sporting performance
- Decrease risk of osteoporosis and increase bone mineral density
- Help manage arthritis
- Improve insulin sensitivity and decrease risk of type II diabetes
- Increase energy expenditure, metabolic rate and promote a leaner physique.
- Increase energy and mood.
Athletes have known the benefits of Cardiovascular training for decades and it makes sense. The heart is not only healthier but the the body can deliver more oxygen and blood around the body with less effort. The high levels of effort and energy demanded by sport combined with the improved efficiency developed from cardiovascular training means that in sporting terms you will have more energy for longer, get to that ball with less effort and have a quicker recovery afterwards definately an advantage.