Why Train the Cardiovascular system.
- Strengthen your heart and lungs and improve cardiovascular fitness
- Reduce risk of heart disease
- Lower blood pressure
- Improve muscular endurance and ‘tone’
- Increase sporting performance
- Decrease risk of osteoporosis and increase bone mineral density
- Help manage arthritis
- Improve insulin sensitivity and decrease risk of type II diabetes
- Increase energy expenditure, metabolic rate and promote a leaner physique.
- Increase energy and mood.
Improved insulin sensitivity and decreased risk of developing type II diabetes.
The pancreas secretes the hormone insulin to move glucose from the bloodstream into the cells of the body. This is regulating blood sugar levels so that we don't experience dramatic highs and lows in energy. Insensitivity occurs when the cells of our body are no longer sensitive to the amounts of glucose in the bloodstream. With no sensitivity to regulate insulin secretion the pancreas will over work and tire resulting in low insulin production and Type II diabetes. So train your cardiovascular system to improve insulin sensitivity and reduce the risk of type II Diabetes.