Why Train the Cardiovascular system.
- Strengthen your heart and lungs and improve cardiovascular fitness
- Reduce risk of heart disease
- Lower blood pressure
- Improve muscular endurance and ‘tone’
- Increase sporting performance
- Decrease risk of osteoporosis and increase bone mineral density
- Help manage arthritis
- Improve insulin sensitivity and decrease risk of type II diabetes
- Increase energy expenditure, metabolic rate and promote a leaner physique.
- Increase energy and mood.
Cardiovascular exercise is usually of a prolonged nature of 20 minutes or more. With this sort of training moving large muscle groups for walking, running, swimming rowing and similar activities you will develop muscle tone. This sort of training will also burn fat and with stronger muscles and reduced fat you will have a more shapely physique.