Why Train the Cardiovascular system.
- Strengthen your heart and lungs and improve cardiovascular fitness
- Reduce risk of heart disease
- Lower blood pressure
- Improve muscular endurance and ‘tone’
- Increase sporting performance
- Decrease risk of osteoporosis and increase bone mineral density
- Help manage arthritis
- Improve insulin sensitivity and decrease risk of type II diabetes
- Increase energy expenditure, metabolic rate and promote a leaner physique.
- Increase energy and mood.
Osteoporosis is less likely if you have strong bones. Cardiovascular training will reduce your risk of developing osteoporosis. Weight bearing exercise in the form of running or walking places direct stress on the bones which force it to lay down more minerals maintaining bone density.This result also occurs when the muscles are worked in a not impact activity because the muscular tension placed on the bones forces it to lay down more minerals also.