Why Train the Cardiovascular system.
- Strengthen your heart and lungs and improve cardiovascular fitness
- Reduce risk of heart disease
- Lower blood pressure
- Improve muscular endurance and ‘tone’
- Increase sporting performance
- Decrease risk of osteoporosis and increase bone mineral density
- Help manage arthritis
- Improve insulin sensitivity and decrease risk of type II diabetes
- Increase energy expenditure, metabolic rate and promote a leaner physique.
- Increase energy and mood.
Cardiovascular disease is one of the leading causes of early death in both men and women. Research has shown that with improved cardiovascular health you will actually have a reduced risk of heart disease. This is due to a number of reasons but the obvious ones cardiovascular training helps lower BP, Reduced HR and effort, lower cholesterol.